Use Technology to Create a Home Inventory
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook can handle your storm damage emergency.
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook can help you clean up after a storm.
We know that having an up-to-date inventory of household items and belongings helps insurance claims to settle faster. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for using technology to make your home inventory easier.
- Take pictures – Create a photo record of your belongings. Capture important individual items as well as entire rooms, closets, or drawers. Label your photos with what’s pictured, where you bought it, the make or model—whatever information might be important to replacing and/or getting reimbursed for the item. Use your smartphone or digital camera—some give you the capability to put in the description of the item when saving the photo.
- Tape it – Walk through your house or apartment videotaping and describing the contents. For example, you might describe the contents of a kitchen cabinet: “Poppies on Blue by Lenox, service for 12 that includes a dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, cup, and saucer. Purchased in 2015.”
- Use an app – There are many mobile app options that can help you create and store a room-by-room record of your belongings.
Call Us Today!
If you experience storm damage, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook is available 24-hours a day to help. Call us today at 630-573-4290.
SERVPRO can provide Reconstruction Services
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook provides reconstruction services.
In addition to water mitigation, fire cleanup, and mold remediation, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook also offers reconstruction services. After our professionals are done with drying out a property or removing smoke-damaged materials, we can put your home or business back together just like the way it was before the damage occurred.
Here are just some of the reconstruction services SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook offers:
- Drywall repair and installation
- Floor repair and replacement
- Kitchen and bath installation and remodeling
- Cabinet and trim replacement
- Insulation installation
- Ceiling repair
- Fixture replacement
The convenience and savings of working with one company to assist with mitigation and repairs can be significant. We are a one stop shop for all of your construction needs. SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook has experienced professionals that believe in delivering quality workmanship. Please contact us at 630-573-4290.
Be Ready for the Rain
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook can help with your water damage emergency.
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook restores water damage 24-hours a day, and our fast emergency response time prevents secondary damage in many cases. Rainwater intrusion is a common cause of water damage that impacts residential and business owners. Here are some tips from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety for protecting your home or business from rainwater intrusion:
Maintain Gutters and Downspouts
- Clean gutters and downspouts twice a year, ideally in the spring and fall, to prevent clogs that can cause water damage to your roof
- Keep trees trimmed and away from the roof to prevent leaves from clogging gutters
- If there is standing water, adjust the gutters so they gently slope toward the downspout allowing water to drain
- Ensure downspouts funnel water away from the building to prevent water from accumulating at the foundation or entering the basement
Water Damage Restoration Process
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook is available 24-hours a day to help. Please contact us at 630-573-4290.
Keep Your Business Running
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook provides several commercial restoration services.
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook understands the need to keep your business operational, even after an emergency. If your business experiences a fire, water leak, or a mold problem, we are available to help. We offer flexible solutions and work after hours or around the clock to complete your restoration project. Our highly trained professionals will respond quickly and provide the expertise to get the job done right.
We offer the following Commercial Services:
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
- Upholstery and Drapes Cleaning
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. Please contact us at 630-573-4290.
Food Service Cleaning & Restoration
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook is trained in food service cleanup.
From the smallest family-owned restaurant to food processing plants, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook has the experience and equipment to restore your facility to its preloss condition following a disaster. Time and safety are our top priorities, just as they are to you in running your business. Our highly trained technicians are available 24-hours a day to help mitigate the damage done to food manufacturing facilities and commercial kitchens, so you can get back to serving your customers safely and quickly. While conducting the cleanup and restorations of your facility, we take special care to pay attention to the regulations, health codes, and potential hazards involved in restoring your food service spaces. We will work to help ensure that all surfaces are restored to preloss condition and sanitized.
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook technicians are trained and experienced in the cleaning and restoration of food service facilities of all sizes, including:
- Food Manufacturing Facilities
- Fast Food Establishments. Restaurants and Cafeterias
- Food Processing Plants
- Commercial Kitchens
If your food service facility requires cleanup or restoration services, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook has a team of highly trained technicians on call 24-hours a day to help. Please contact us at 630-573-4290.
Power Outage - Plan Now!
Plan now - Be prepared for a power outage.
Power outages can happen when you least expect them. Plan now to have what you need in the event of a power outage. Here are some tips from the American Red Cross to stay safe:
Create a support network. Identify people who can help you stay at home or evacuate during an extended power outage. Keep a paper copy of your contact list.
Stay connected and alert. Sign up for alert systems and apps for text alerts. Have communication devices that work without home power, including a crank or battery radio, a non-cordless home phone, chargers/batteries for your cell phones and your computers.
Stock food and water. Store non-perishable food and water supplies for at least two weeks. Plan to use coolers and ice to extend food refrigeration and keep a thermometer in the fridge, freezer, or cooler to monitor the food temperature.
Know and plan for your personal and medical electrical needs. Take an inventory of your electrical needs. Consider both back up and non-power alternatives for lighting, communication, medical devices and refrigerated medicine, cooking, garage doors, locks, and elevators. Discuss a plan with your doctor for your medical needs.
Plan how to decide to stay or go. Plan how and when you will evacuate safely to maintain needs such as power-dependent medical devices. Keep your car gas tank at least half full.
If your home or business suffers from storm damage, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook has a team of highly trained technicians on call 24-hours a day to handle your storm damage. Contact us at 630-573-4290.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook responds to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Springtime is a great time to check on your water heater. Water damage can happen quickly, and it is important to make sure that it is in good working condition.
Here are some tips to inspect and maintain your water heater from the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety (IBHS):
- Inspect your anode rod every two years, or every year once the warranty has expired, to determine if it needs to be replaced.
- Flush water heater tanks every six months to remove sediment by attaching a garden hose to the valve at the base. For safety, first turn off the power and run hot water until it is cool.
- Get an annual inspection from a plumbing professional including the shut-off valve and all piping. Signs of broken valves and loose or wet joints and rust are a sign that more severe damage is coming.
If you experience water damage, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook has a team of highly trained professionals to help 24-hours a day. Please contact us at 630-573-4290.
Big or Small Disaster - SERVPRO Offers 24-Hour Service
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook can respond to your disaster 24-hours a day.
When disaster strikes your home or business, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook will respond quickly to bring you the help you need. We are a trusted leader in the restoration industry serving the Chicagoland area. We provide 24-hour emergency services including Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration, and Mold Remediation for both residential and commercial properties. Our highly trained technicians have the training, specialized equipment, and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. We are a locally owned and operated business that is proud to serve the Chicagoland area.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook is close by and ready to respond to your cleaning or restoration needs. Call us at 630-573-4290.
Generator Safety Tips
Follow these tips to stay safe during a power outage.
Springtime in the Midwest can bring rain, wind, and storms. Downed utility lines, power company blackouts, heavy winds, or thunderstorms can all lead to power outages. Portable generators offer a temporary solution. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) about generator safety:
- Generators should be used in well ventilated locations outside at least 5 feet away from all doors, windows, and vent openings. Measure the 5-foot distance from the generator exhaust system to the building.
- Never use a generator in an attached garage, even with the door open.
- Place generators so that exhaust fumes can’t enter the home through windows, doors, or other openings in the building. The exhaust must be directed away from the building.
- Make sure to install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms in your home. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for correct placement and mounting height.
- Turn off generators and let them cool down before refueling. Never refuel a generator while it is hot.
- Store fuel for the generator in a container that is intended for the purpose and is correctly labeled as such. Store the containers outside of living areas.
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook has a team of highly trained technicians available 24-hours a day to handle any fire damage emergency. Call us at 630-573-4290.
Know the Signs of a Tornado
SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook can help with storm damage restoration.
Tornadoes often accompany thunderstorms. When there are thunderstorms in your area, being prepared can help you stay safe from the storm.
Here are a few tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to be prepared for a tornado:
Know the signs of a tornado
Some tornadoes strike quickly without time for a tornado warning, so it is important to know the signs of a tornado.
Signs that a tornado may be approaching include the following:
- Rotating funnel-shaped cloud
- Approaching cloud of debris
- Dark or green-colored sky
- Large, dark, low-lying cloud
- Large hail
- Loud roar that sounds like a freight train
If you notice any of these signs take cover immediately.
Identify the safest place to take shelter
Although there is no completely safe place during a tornado, some locations are safer than others. Safe places include a storm cellar, a basement, or an inside room without windows on the lowest floor (such as a bathroom, closet, or center hallway).
If you have suffered storm damage caused by a tornado or a powerful thunderstorm, SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook can help, call us at 630-573-4290.