Flood Safety - Be Ready
Know the Difference between a flood watch and a flood warning.
A flood/flash flood WATCH means a flood or flash flood is possible.
A flood/flash flood WARNING means flooding or flash flooding is already occurring or will occur soon.
Here are a few tips from Ready.gov to know about how to stay safe during a flood:
- Find safe shelter right away.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters.
- Remember, just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
- Depending on the type of flooding:
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.
If you are dealing with flood, storm, or water damage from thunderstorms, the experienced team at SERVPRO of Downers Grove / Oak Brook is ready to respond quickly. Our highly trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources to handle the job, large or small. You can reach us at 630-573-4290.